Quantum Quasar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quantum Quasar

A forum for students, or just those hoping to learn new things!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The 1s1 orbital in 1-D

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The 1s1 orbital in 1-D Empty The 1s1 orbital in 1-D Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:39 am

virtuousabyss29

Hello,

I know it causes problems, but I have noticed that the orbitals relate to unspecified locations with specific types of planetary orbiting around a star.  For instance, there are orbitals that go like comets and some that seem to go like comets going through a couple of orbits to get back to the same trajectories.  There are orbitals like a moon orbiting an earth that orbits a star.  There can be an orbital where one particle orbits the main object while another object keeps meeting it at the same place and loops away from it.

I have also been able to generalize the orbitals to 2-D and 1-D.  The 1-d 1s1 orbital is just a particle that appears on opposite sides of the main particle periodically (and the coupled electron can just be on the other side at a given time in the period).  To me it represents the simplest thought; that of one particle relaying across another.

Let me get a feel for this board by seeing how you reply.

2The 1s1 orbital in 1-D Empty Re: The 1s1 orbital in 1-D Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:41 pm

Kyx

Kyx
Admin

virtuousabyss29 wrote:Hello,

I know it causes problems, but I have noticed that the orbitals relate to unspecified locations with specific types of planetary orbiting around a star.  For instance, there are orbitals that go like comets and some that seem to go like comets going through a couple of orbits to get back to the same trajectories.  There are orbitals like a moon orbiting an earth that orbits a star.  There can be an orbital where one particle orbits the main object while another object keeps meeting it at the same place and loops away from it.

I have also been able to generalize the orbitals to 2-D and 1-D.  The 1-d 1s1 orbital is just a particle that appears on opposite sides of the main particle periodically (and the coupled electron can just be on the other side at a given time in the period).  To me it represents the simplest thought; that of one particle relaying across another.

Let me get a feel for this board by seeing how you reply.

Unfortunately I know nothing about electron orbitals since I never took Chemistry past GCSE. However, it is something I am interested in and I will research. I'll see if I can get back to you with a response Smile

But I do know that quantum physics states that the idea of electrons orbiting the nucleus like planets around a star is misleading. It seems the electron is actually a probability wave, and so occupies all possible positions at the same time. Only by observing it can you find out where it is, and by doing so you change the outcome. :p

https://quantusinc.forumotion.com

3The 1s1 orbital in 1-D Empty Re: The 1s1 orbital in 1-D Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:57 pm

virtuousabyss29

That's right, but I feel that it is only because we cannot observe the electron that we see it differently. Will be happy to start a dialog once someone who knows their stuff comes in.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum